KCI Library Mission Statement


It is Kamsack Comprehensive Institute school library’s mission to support students and staff to become life-long learners in a welcoming environment, provide a diverse collection of resources that reflects our community of learners, supports and teaches 21st century skills, promotes reading, and integrates technology into the curricula through collaboration.

Thursday 24 March 2016

Easter Reading

Easter break is upon us at KCI and we will be enjoying family time for the next week. I am really looking forward to spending time with my sons! I am also looking forward to doing some reading! I visited the book fair that was taking place at my son's school and they had a YA section with buy 1 get 1 free. It was interesting to see a large YA section at this school as it is a K-4 school. Good for me though. I love deals! I picked up 2 books, The Hollow City (the second installment in Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children) and The Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious Nazi. I am currently working on the Culture of Literacy in our school and have been working with the grade 5-8 teachers to build their classroom collections. When purchasing these two titles I was thinking of my own grade 7 students and thought these would be a good addition to my own classroom library. My plan is to first read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (first installment) that I borrowed from the library so I can read the second during the break. This isn't a book I would normally choose (I love fantasy and post apocalyptic books)  but I tell my students to try something new and feel like I should take my own advice. I will let you know what I think through my Twitter and Instagram account with the #kcireads.


No comments:

Post a Comment